22 November 2006

B.U.S.Y

(,") Received a present from Kev and I finds that he is so sweet to think of this...
16 red roses and 9 bears


Nice!

Been a busy week for me. Busy preparing for my driving lessons, meeting up with friends and most importantly, my exams. At times I do feel exhausted, disappointed with all these upgrading, the needs to follow what others have, the changes in life and so on. But life still has to goes on. The only solution? Live happily and don ever regret of the decisions that I had made.

Last night, I was studying on my econs and I finds this phrase quite confusing. "We have limited resources yet unlimited wants".
Resources = Needs
Therefore what is the differences between "Needs" and "Wants" Browsed thru the net and i found this. A pyramid by Abraham Maslow, Maslow Hierarchy of Needs


He said that "The lower the need is in the pyramid, the more powerful it is. The higher
the need is in the pyramid, the weaker and more distinctly human it is. The
lower, or basic, needs on the pyramid are similar to those possessed by
non-human animals, but only humans possess the higher needs
" & "The individual does not feel anything if their needs are met, but feels anxious if they are not met"
Meanings = Humans moves on to the next stage once their basic needs is meet.

But what about "wants"? For examples

  • The resources to make clothing is limited yet if given the opportunity every1 will wants their own diverse clothing
  • I needs to eat but I wants to eat sushi
  • I needs to drink water but I wants to drink milktea
So... Does that means that "wants" can be consider as a desires?? What actually is my "Needs" and "Wants"? *Perplex*

Im leaving for Penang (biz trip) in another 2 hrs time. Kinda anxious as I will be meeting my clients for the 1st time even thou I had worked with them for 2 yrs. Hopefully nth will goes amiss...

No comments: