11 May 2007

1st day at Itochu

Updating in my new office!
My 1st day at Itochu.

Different feelings... Different experience from working in Paya Lebar.
The pace working in Shenton way is fast.

Colleagues here were great too!
I am under Swee Teng. A nice msia lady.
I am in the EG group.

Not forgetting Anna and Cynthia. They are my smoking kaki.
Understand from them that if we work OT till 7pm, we could claim dinner $5. And after 830, we could claim cab fee home. Fantastic isnt it?
They have bday celebration too and the co. will give you red packet de!

I learnt that working in a big corporation, when applying for leave and so on, we got to log in to the co. personal website to apply. Unlike Shinmei, we pass the leave form to our boss.

The bad things are, I cannot msn in this co. as they ban it. I don understand wad is L/C about and got to be very careful when preparing shipping instruction.
A day in Itochu, I realise how well protected I am in Shinmei.
In Shinmei, we just have to process order, prepare invoice and P/L. the rest, we just leave it to forwarder.
We don have to check AWB, we don have to know doc presentation and so on.
I am like a novice. A person with no working experience.

Had my lunch with Ah Yi. She is working in NTUC building which is just opp RP.
It was so crowded!
She taught me... To reserve a seat during lunch is to put a pack of tissue paper on top of the seat. Ha.

After work, I am gg for my 2nd interview (Sumisho Capital. A subsidiary co. of Sumitomo Mitsui Bank) which is located at Equity Plaza (next to RP) =)
No harm trying as I admit I am still looking for a better career prospect.

7 pm, I am gg to collect car from Gopi at Chinatown.
Yea! I rent car. $40 per day for Hyundai Getz. =)
Drooling to drive.

No comments: